International Baccalaureate School – PYP Programme
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) develops the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and the world outside.
It provides an educational framework that develops an understanding of concepts, skills and knowledge and develops positive and responsible attitudes that lead to action.
At PLC, students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6 undertake The Primary Years Programme (PYP), which:
- Provides learning opportunities that are authentic, engaging, relevant, challenging and significant
- Develops learning through inquiry
- Develops international-mindedness
- Develops a positive attitude to learning
- Emphasises the development of the whole person – physical, intellectual, emotional and ethical.
The PYP is structured around six learning areas:
- Languages (English and Languages Other Than English)
- Social Studies
- Personal, Social & Physical Education