A respected teacher and champion of girls’ education, Dr June Jones (Eggleston 1948) came to PLC from St Mary’s Anglican Girls’ School in 1940 until her final graduating year, when she was also Carmichael House Captain.

Dr Jones was Principal at St Hilda’s Anglican Girls’ School for 17-years, however, her three daughters were schooled entirely at PLC – Sarah Beshar (Jones, Head Prefect 1976), Katie Prevost (Jones 1978), and Alexandra Vines (Jones, Head Prefect 1985). She also served on the University of WA Senate for 13 years and was the inaugural chair of the UWA Centenary Trust for Women, set up in 2002 to help disadvantaged women pursue an education.