Years 1 to 4 – iPad
Year 5 & 6 – iPad Pro with Apple Pencil
Years 7 to 12 – MacBook Air
A back up service will be provided for student work, depending on the device.
PLC provides a high quality support experience that includes:
1. 1Degree (based in the PLC libraries)
- 1Degree Coaches to assist students one on one
- small group training for software and minor technical issues
- support for educational collaboration and communication technologies
- parent workshops
2. Tech Centre is available for escalation of software and all hardware issues.
3. Online resources
- home.plc.wa.edu.au which provides access to all school Online services and resources including SEQTA, Calendar, Co-curricular information, absentees links, Library and clickview, Lynda.com and pressreader.
- Seqta for students and Seqta for parents which includes student timetables, house points, upcoming assessments and results.
4. Self Service Application
- Self service software download centre where students download the resources they need, such as the Adobe Suite and school required iPad apps.
5. Apple Certified Onsite Technicians for repairs, with most completed within 24 hours and loan devices if required.
6. ILT Integration Specialist
- parent workshops
- individual parent appointments
- small group training for software and technical issues
- Student and parent orientation sessions
The School provides devices to students, which are assigned on a two (2) year rotation (term). Fees are as listed in the current Fee Schedule. If a student arrives partway through a rotation, they will receive the same model device as their peers.
Devices need to be in a condition for sale at the conclusion of the two year term allowing for fair wear and tear to achieve fair market value (please refer below for guidelines). Any reduction to the fair market value will be charged to your Fee Account.
Repairs / Replacement
Any one repair/replacement part equal to or less than $300 will be charged to the Fee Account if not covered by warranty. Please note that a device repair/replacement may include the repair or replacement of more than one part and therefore the total charged to the Fee Account may exceed $300.
There must be a valid accepted claim for insurance to apply. You are expected to abide by the decision to accept or deny a claim and indemnify the School.
Excess: $300 (basic)
- A second and subsequent screen replacement is at cost within the two-year rotation.
- Damage caused by liquid or food spills will be charged at cost for parts, or if beyond repair the charge will be 50% of the replacement cost of the device.
- Any subsequent claim for liquid or food spills will be charged at PLC’s full replacement cost.
- You may be able to reduce the excess, at your own cost, by noting the device on your own home and contents policy.
- Anywhere in Australia
- International insurance coverage is for school directed trips only. Written confirmation must be obtained from the Tech Centre to have international insurance coverage activated.
- International insurance coverage is NOT provided for personal overseas trips.
- An Overseas Travel Authority must be granted prior to taking the device overseas under any circumstances
- Fire, theft and accidental damage to the equipment.
- Accidental damage is physical damage, which occurs as a result of a sudden, unforeseen and/or unexpected event.
- Theft includes forcible entry into buildings/residences and ‘taking’ by force, intimidation or physical confrontation.
- Loss in transit, unless left unattended in a public place or vehicle.
- Theft when left unattended in public areas, including motor vehicles, and reasonable precautions (i.e. left in supervision of responsible person) have not been taken to safeguard the Device.
- Damage or loss as a result of negligence, fraud or not meeting reasonable duty of care responsibilities.
- Damage as a result of liquid or food spills onto the device.
- Damage as a result, or during air, sea or train travel unless the items are carried as personal cabin luggage.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Consequential loss (loss of information or records). Frequent data backups can mitigate this.
- Damage caused by excessive exposure to sunlight, heat, corrosion, contamination, pollution, animal or temperature variations.
- Acts of terrorism and normal policy exclusions in relation to war, invasion.
- Close laptop when carrying it to prevent damage.
- Always use PLC issued case, bag or sleeve.
- Do not drink or have liquids near device.
- Think twice before shutting the screen – is there anything on the keyboard?
- Ensure any cables are out of the way to avoid tripping over them.
- Never leave device in a vehicle.
- Never leave device unattended in a public place, even for a short time.
- When travelling always carry the device as hand luggage.
- The device must be with the student or in a locked locker while at school.
- Operating /software matters should be taken to 1Degree.
- Physical damage to hardware should be taken to the Tech Centre.
- Claim forms in some instances can be completed on the spot, where appropriate.
- Loan devices will be available, if required, and will be subject to the same terms and conditions as this agreement.
Guidelines in relation to ‘fair wear and tear’
(a) Must be suitable for condition of re-sale without diminishing the value below the normal fair market value for an asset of similar age and make.
(b) Example of normal wear and tear, include and are not limited to:
- Light scratches on device casing
- Light wear on device palm rests
- Faded lettering on keys
- Removable stickers / labels
- Slight plastic colour fading
(c) Example of normal wear and tear would NOT include and are not limited to:
- Missing keys
- Cracked or bent casing, screen, frame or lid
- Broken hinges or latches that do not close
- Non-removable stickers / labels
- Etching, excessive scratching and abnormal markings
- Pressure patches, burns and scratches on screens
- Major equipment discolouration, paint – including liquid paper, blood or radioactive substances requiring more light cleaning for safe handling and process for re-sale.
- System does not boot up or systems passwords that prohibit diagnostic level program execution or testing
- Removal of serial number identification / product tags.
- Lost or damaged charger.
(d) Damage that disfigures the device from its normal appearance and function would be deemed to diminish the value compared to a model of equal age and make without disfigurement.