Music Scholarships are available to both current and prospective students entering Years 5 – 10 in 2025.
Music Scholarships are awarded based on musical excellence as well as assessed musical potential.
Please ensure that if you are applying for a Music Scholarship that you have also registered for the Academic testing being held on Friday 9 February 2024.
Terms of Music Scholarship
The award of a Music Scholarship covers partial remission of academic tuition fees through to the completion of Year 12, as well as full remission of Music lesson fees and instrument hire (if required).
The Scholarship award is subject to the recipient:
- being a member of an instrumental ensemble(s)/choir as appropriate;
- selecting classroom music in Year 9 and 10 and participating in the choir;
- maintaining a high level of achievement in her chosen area of music study;
- being fully supportive and contributing to the musical life at PLC;
- completing formal music assessment (AMEB, PLC Internal Assessment Programme, etc);
- demonstrating a conscientious approach to the academic programme, and
- demonstrating a positive contribution to the School community.
Costs not covered by the Scholarship include the remainder of the tuition fees, the technology fee, uniform, excursions and co-curricular activities.
PLC welcomes applications from girls who will be in Years 5 – 10 in 2025 at PLC or any other school. Candidates must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Complete the online Music Scholarship Application, as well as registering via the Academic Testing link;
- Upload AMEB or equivalent grade certificates;
- Upload relevant references, exam or eisteddfod reports;
- Upload the Music Teacher Reference form (click here to download).
All applicants must be available to sit the academic testing on Friday 9 February 2024 at 8.30 am.
Auditions will be held in the PLC Music Department on Friday 23 February 2024.
Invited candidates must be available on this date and suitably prepared for audition. Applicants will be required to play two contrasting pieces of no more than three minutes in length, with piano accompaniment where required. Where two instruments are to be presented, only one piece on each instrument is required. The audition will also include aural tests (intervals, rhythm, triads and pitch) appropriate for the candidate’s level (AMEB or Year) and an interview.
Applications for 2025 entry will open in November 2023.
Further details can be obtained from the Music Department by calling +61 8 9424 6512 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org