As an IB World School, PLC recognises the importance of a holistic education and highly values students’ talents across a number of diverse areas.
General Excellence Scholarships are awarded following academic testing, an interview and evidence of active participation in a range of activities like sport, the Arts and community service. These activities could be school or community based. An electronic portfolio must be uploaded during the application process.
Who can Apply?
PLC welcomes applications from girls who are Australian citizens or permanent residents residing in Western Australia and are currently at PLC or another school and will enter Year 7 in 2022. Candidates who are already attending PLC or are confirmed to attend PLC in a later year and have already paid the acceptance fee will not be required to pay any additional administrative fees. Other successful candidates will be required to pay the PLC Acceptance Fee of $5,200, which is deposited with the College’s Foundation, supporting the College with the funding of infrastructure projects and Foundation Scholarships.
How to Apply
- Complete the online Scholarship Application which registers your daughter for the academic testing
- Upload a brief scanned handwritten summary from your daughter outlining her contributions to the community through service activities, her participation in co-curricular activities and any leadership positions she may have held
- Upload copies of relevant references, certificates or commendations to support the application; and
- Upload your daughter’s latest school report.
All applications and supporting documentation must be received by 5.00 pm Friday 19 February 2021. All applicants must be available to sit the academic testing on Friday 26 February 2021 at 8.30 am. Short-listed candidates will be contacted between Wednesday 17 March and Friday 19 March 2021 and interviews will be held between Monday 22 March and Thursday 1 April.
Award and Acceptance
Successful candidates will be notified in writing of the award of the scholarship by Thursday 1 April. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified as soon as possible after the award is finalised (on or around Tuesday 20 April 2021). Acceptance of the Scholarship should be made via email to the Principal no later than Monday 19 April 2021.
The award of a Year 7 General Excellence Scholarship has a minimum value of 25 per cent and a maximum value of 50 per cent and covers Year 7 to Year 12. The Scholarship award is subject to:
- A conscientious approach to the academic programme by the applicant
- A positive contribution to the School community by the applicant; and
- A commitment by the applicant and the applicant’s family to commit to PLC and the life of the School.
Costs not covered by the Scholarship include the remainder of the tuition fees, technology, uniform, musical instruments and tuition, excursions and co-curricular activities.