PLC is committed to offering a number of partial scholarships for girls entering Year 7 in 2019.
The successful recipient(s) will be selected based upon evidence of academic ability (applicants must register for and sit the Academic testing), a commitment to the community and participation in co-curricular activities.
Who can apply?
PLC welcomes applications from girls who are Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents residing in Western Australia and are currently in Year 6 at PLC or another school.
Candidates who are already attending PLC or are confirmed to attend PLC in a later year and have already paid the acceptance fee will not be required to pay any additional administrative fees.
Other successful candidates will be required to pay the PLC Acceptance Fee of $4,800, which is deposited with the College’s Foundation supporting the College with funding of infrastructure projects and Foundation Scholarships.
How to Apply
- Apply online and register for the academic testing at the link below.
You must also email the following supporting information to email@example.com :
- Your daughter’s latest school report and Year 5 NAPLAN results.
- A brief summary outlining your daughter’s contributions to the community through service activities, her participation in co-curricular activities and any leadership positions she may have held (this is in addition to any information provided for the academic scholarship).
Applications open on Monday 6 November 2017.
- All online applications and supporting documentation must be received by 5.00 pm Friday 23 March 2018.
- All applicants must be available to sit the academic test on Saturday 7 April 2018 at 8.30 am at PLC.
- Successful candidates will be contacted on Monday 7 May 2018 and interviews will be held during the week of Monday 14 to Friday 25 May 2018.
Award and Acceptance
Successful candidates will be notified in writing of the award of the Scholarship by 25 May 2018. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified as soon as possible after the award is finalised.
The award of the Scholarship is at the full discretion of the Principal.
Conditions of the Scholarship
The award of a Year 7 General Excellence Scholarship covers partial remittance of academic tuition fees from Year 7, 2019 through to Year 12, 2024. The Scholarship award is subject to:
- a conscientious approach to the academic programme by the applicant,
- a positive contribution to the School community by the applicant,
- a commitment by the applicant and the applicant’s family to commit to PLC and the life of the School.
Costs not covered by the Scholarship include the remainder of the tuition fees, technology, uniform, musical instruments and tuition, excursions and co-curricular activities.