PLC is committed to offering a number of scholarships remitting up to 50% of tuition for girls entering Year 5 2018 and will continue through to Year 6.
The successful recipient(s) will be selected based upon evidence of academic ability, a commitment to the community and participation in co-curricular activities.
Who can apply?
PLC welcomes applications from girls who are Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents residing in Western Australia and are currently in Year 4 at PLC or another school. Candidates who are already attending PLC or are confirmed to attend PLC in a later year and have already paid the acceptance fee will not be required to pay any additional administrative fees. Other successful candidates will be required to pay the PLC Acceptance Fee of $4,800, a proportion of which is deposited with the College’s Foundation supporting the College with funding of infrastructure projects and Foundation Scholarships.
How to Apply
- Complete the Scholarship application form (available below).
- Provide your daughter’s latest school report and Year 3 NAPLAN results.
- Provide a brief summary outlining your daughter’s contributions to the community through service activities, her participation in co-curricular activities and any leadership positions she may have held.
All applications and supporting documentation must be received by 5.00pm Wednesday 6 September 2017. All applicants must be available to sit the academic test on Saturday 16 September at 9.00 am at PLC (room to be advised). Interviews will be held shortly after the testing.
Award and Acceptance
Successful candidates will be notified in writing of the award of the Scholarship by 6 October. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified as soon as possible after the award is finalised.
The award of the Scholarship is at the full discretion of the Principal.
Conditions of the Scholarship
The award of a Year 5 General Excellence Scholarship covers up to 50% academic tuition fees for Year 5 2018 and Year 6 2019. The Scholarship award is subject to:
- a conscientious approach to the academic programme by the applicant
- a positive contribution to the School community by the applicant
- a commitment by the applicant and the applicant’s family to commit to PLC and the life of the School.
Costs not covered by the Scholarship include the remainder of the tuition fees, technology, uniform, musical instruments and tuition, excursions and co-curricular activities.