Music Scholarships are available to girls in Year 7 in 2022. Music Scholarships are awarded based on musical excellence as well as the current needs within the PLC Music Department.
Music Scholarship applicants are required to meet the following minimum standard: Year 6 in 2021 – AMEB Grade 4 (or equivalent)
Based on the applications submitted some applicants will be invited to audition. Auditions will be held in the Music Department at PLC on Thursday 4 March 2021. All applicants will be notified by phone call as to whether they are required to audition. For the audition applicants are required to perform with a piano accompanist where appropriate.
Please complete and upload the 2022 Music Scholarship Application Form.
Please ensure that if you are applying for a Music Scholarship that you have registered for the Academic testing being held on Friday 26 February 2021.
Copies of relevant references, exam or eisteddfod reports should be uploaded with your online application.
The teacher reference form should be completed and returned. Applications close on Friday 19 February 2021.
Music Scholarship Information
A Music Scholarship at PLC provides students with free instrument/vocal tuition and up to a 50% reduction of the academic tuition fees.
The Music lesson component includes 32 x 40 minute individual lessons and instrument hire if necessary.
The Scholarship is available for 2022 but may be extended to include music tuition, instrument hire and academic fees in future years based on a satisfactory yearly review.
Applicants must register for and sit the academic testing being held on Friday 26 February 2021.
Terms of Music Scholarship
Music Scholarship holders will be expected to:
- Be a member of instrument/vocal ensemble(s) as appropriate
- Normally take classroom music in Year 9 and 10
- Maintain a high level of achievement in their chosen area of music study
- Be fully supportive and contribute to the musical life at PLC; and
- Complete formal music assessment (AMEB, PLC Internal Assessment Programme, etc).
Further details can be obtained from the Music Department by calling +61 8 9424 6512 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in your application the following documents:
- Music Scholarship for Year 7 2022
- Completed Music Scholarship Application Form (uploaded to the online application)
- Copies of relevant references, exam or eisteddfod reports (uploaded to the online application)
- A copy of the Teacher Reference Form (emailed directly to the Music Department in confidence)
- Applicants must register for and sit the academic testing being held on Friday 26 February 2021.
Ph: 08 9424 6412
Director of Music
Ph: 08 9424 6457