APPLICATIONS OPEN 26 NOVEMBER 2021
Who can apply?
Music Scholarships are available to girls entering Year 7 in 2023. Music Scholarships are awarded based on musical excellence as well as the current needs within the PLC Music Department.
Music Scholarship applicants are required to meet the following minimum standard: Year 6 in 2022 – AMEB Grade 4 (or equivalent).
How to Apply
- Complete the online Music Scholarship Application, as well registering via the Academic Testing link;
- Upload AMEB or equivalent grade certificates;
- Upload relevant references, exam or eisteddfod reports;
- Upload the Music Teacher Reference form.
Please ensure that if you are applying for a Music Scholarship that you have registered for the Academic testing being held on Saturday 26 February 2022.
All applications and supporting documentation must be received by 5.00 pm on Friday 18 February 2022. All applicants must be available to sit the academic testing on Saturday 26 February 2022 at 8.30 am. Based on the applications submitted, some applicants will be invited to audition. Auditions will be held in the Music Department at PLC on Thursday 3 March 2022. All applicants will be notified by phone call as to whether they are required to audition. For the audition applicants are required to perform with a piano accompanist where appropriate.
Music Scholarship Information
A Music Scholarship at PLC provides students with free instrument/vocal tuition and a reduction on academic tuition fees up to fifty percent.
The Music lesson component includes 32 x 40 minute individual lessons and instrument hire if necessary.
The Scholarship is available for 2023 but may be extended to include music tuition, instrument hire and academic fees in future years based on a satisfactory yearly review.
Terms of Music Scholarship
Music Scholarship holders will be expected to:
- Be a member of an instrumental ensemble(s)/choir as appropriate.
- Select classroom music in Year 9 and 10 and participating in the choir
- Maintain a high level of achievement in their chosen area of music study
- Be fully supportive and contribute to the musical life at PLC; and
- Complete formal music assessment (AMEB, PLC Internal Assessment Programme, etc).
Further details can be obtained from the Music Department by calling +61 8 9424 6512 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org