PLC offers a number of Instrumental/Vocal Bursaries to girls in Year 7 – 12 in 2019 and are awarded based on musical excellence as well as the current needs within the PLC Music Department.
Up to ten Instrumental and Vocal bursaries are available in 2019. Each bursary provides free instrument/vocal tuition and includes 32 x 40 minute individual lessons and instrument hire if necessary. The bursary is available for 2019 but may be extended to include tuition fees and instrument hire in future years based on a satisfactory yearly review.
Applicants may apply for award on more than one instrument (refer to minimum standards criteria) and may also apply for a Music Scholarship.
Applicants applying for a bursary are not required to sit the Academic testing.
Terms of Award
- Applications are open to students from Years 6 - 10 in 2018.
- Successful candidates will be expected to participate fully in the musical life of PLC, including performing in appropriate musical ensembles.
- Successful candidates will generally be expected to take classroom music in Years 8 – 10.
- Maintain a high level of achievement in their chosen area of music study.
- Complete formal music assessments (AMEB, PLC Internal Assessment Programme, etc).
Criteria (Performance Standard)
Instrumental/Vocal Bursary candidates must have completed the following AMEB Grades or equivalent:
- Year 6 in 2018 – AMEB Grade 2 (or equivalent)
- Years 7 and 8 in 2018 – AMEB Grade 3 (or equivalent)
- Years 9 to 11 in 2018 – AMEB Grade 4 (or equivalent)
Candidates must be suitably prepared for audition. Applicants will be required to play two contrasting pieces of no more than three minutes in length, with piano accompaniment where required. Where two instruments are to be presented, only one piece on each instrument is required. The audition will also include aural tests (intervals, rhythm, triads and pitch) appropriate for her level (AMEB or Year) and sight reading.
Copies of relevant teacher references, exam or eisteddfod reports should be included with your application pack.
Applications for 2019 open on Monday 6 November 2017.
Applications close, 5.00 pm Friday 23 March 2018.
- Complete the application form below.
- Complete teacher reference form below.
- Ensure copies of relevant teacher references, exam or eisteddfod reports are included with your application pack.
Please address your application to:
Mr Mark Thomas
Director of Music
PO Box 126
COTTESLOE WA 6911