PLC Perth understands that many of our families require assistance for students to make their way to and from PLC each day.
To facilitate this, PLC Perth and Scotch College jointly subsidise bus services for our students, servicing routes to Karrinyup, Booragoon and Coogee.
Both schools regularly review passenger numbers on all the routes to ensure as many students as possible can access the services.
As a result of the most recent review, the following changes are being made for the 2018 school year.
Karrinyup bus service to become a West Leederville route
- Since this service started in 2017 very few, or no, passengers have been using the first lot of stops prior to Floreat Forum.
- To ensure as many students as possible can access a bus service to School, from 2018, the route will now start in West Leederville, travelling down Cambridge Street and The Boulevard before arriving at the northern side of the Floreat Forum (note new bus stop). After Floreat Forum the service will turn into Empire Avenue and return to The Boulevard via Durston Road before turning onto West Coast Highway and stop at Challenger Parade / Oceanic Drive and continue as per the current service.
- Please note that some stops have been discontinued.
- The new route will be known as the West Leederville bus service.
- The West Leederville service will continue as a morning run only.
Booragoon bus service to extend to South Perth
- From 2018 the morning bus service will start in South Perth to allow students in the South Perth, Kensington and Como areas to access the route.
- The morning service will not stop at Garden City, Booragoon, but continue along Canning Highway with stops between Riseley Street, Applecross and North Lake Road, Alfred Cove.
- The afternoon service will continue to stop at Garden City, Booragoon before continuing to South Perth.
- The number of stops along McCabe and Palmerston Streets, Mosman Park have been consolidated.
- The new route will be known as the South Perth bus service.
Coogee bus service to include Cottesloe
- To provide a service to students living west of Stirling Highway in Cottesloe, the morning route has been diverted along Broome Street before returning to Stirling Highway via Jarrad Street to arrive at PLC.
Ticket prices and registration
Ticket prices for the bus services will remain unchanged at $1.35 for one zone and $2.70 for two zones.
Booklets of ten tickets can be accessed from Student Services at Senior School McNeil and View Street Entrances and Junior School.
The cost of the tickets can be added to families’ invoices, issued each term.
If you have feedback or require further information about these changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Keryn McKinnon, Director of Strategic Communications, on 9424 6349.